Why Children’s Centres and Nurseries Choose Tiny Movers
The emphasis in all of our classes is to encourage children to explore, participate and, most of all, have fun.
Tiny Movers can bring many benefits to each child’s learning and development:
- The session helps them to develop their motor skills, spatial awareness and balance and coordination.
- We explore shapes, colours, size, sound and of course, our bodies to help the children understand themselves and the world around them.
- Musical favourites provide children with a sense of security and help them to build confidence while new songs and activities keep everyone interested and attentive.
- These classes are a wonderful way to help children develop their speaking and listening skills, and thus their ability to understand and communicate with others.
- Sharing and tidying up – one of the most-loved elements of the class – works wonders in helping children make friends and learn to care for each other.
Tiny Movers sessions are designed to meet many of the objectives of the Early Years Foundation Stage (EYFS) areas of learning and development. For more information on how our classes map on to the EYFS objectives click here.
If you are interested in working with Tiny Movers please get in touch via our Contact page.
Children’s Centres Classes
Tiny Movers will be taking place at the following times and places:
St Mary’s Church Hall, Baldock, run in partnership with Letchworth and Baldock Children’s Centre Group: weekly sessions 13.45-14.30 every Tuesday term-time. No need to book, pay-as-you-go, £2 a family. Families should be registered with one of the Children’s Centres in Letchworth or Baldock. Please contact Letchworth & Baldock Children’s Centre Group for more information.
Scout Hut, Icknield Way, Letchworth run in partnership with Letchworth and Baldock Children’s Centre Group: weekly sessions 13.45-14.30 every Thursday term-time. No need to book, pay-as-you-go, £2 a family. Families should be registered with one of the Children’s Centres in Letchworth or Baldock. Please contact Letchworth & Baldock Children’s Centre Group for more information.
Letchmore Infants School, Stevenage run in association with Stevenage North Children’s Centres: weekly sessions 11:00-11:45, Fridays term-time. No need to book, pay-as-you-go, £3 a family. Please contact Stevenage North Children’s Centre for more information.
Oughton Children’s Centre, Hitchin run in association with Hitchin & Rural Children’s Centres: weekly sessions 14:00-14:45, Fridays term-time. No need to book, pay-as-you-go, £3 a family. Please contact Hitchin & Rural Children’s Centre Group for more information.
I run a toddler group that caters for children ages birth to rising fives. We booked Gemma to run a Tiny Movers session at one of our meetings. We had 20 children attending that morning and Gemma was fantastic. She kept the session moving along at a pace that kept all the children and adults engaged. By using different resources she kept the session fresh and everyone enjoyed themselves. I would not hesitate to have Gemma visit our group again.